Thursday, August 26, 2010

Crunch Time!

Ok Racers, it's crunch time. Time to put your money where your mouth is. Saturday (the day after tomorrow), will be just three weeks away from race day for the Bushwhack Adventure Races (24 hr and 8 hr). There are only two teams signed up for the 24 hr course and none for the 8 hr. Maybe everyone is raced out this year? Maybe that's just a bad weekend? Whatever the reason, we've got to draw a line in the sand and decide whether to push forward with these events, or postpone them.

Here's the line you have to meet - if we don't have 75 racers registered by 5pm on Tuesday, Aug 31, we're going to postpone these races. The new date will most likely be in 2011. If we don't meet this goal, all paid registrations will be refunded. The goal of 75 racers is a total between both the 24 and 8 hour courses. Note that the Confirmed status on Checkpoint Tracker is a setting I have to make manually, so that indicator of the current count may be delayed in being updated. I'll do my best to keep it accurate.

What are we going to do?


  1. Come on guys! We wanna race! Wilkesboro is an awesome location and the weather will be perfect mid-September.

  2. Update: It's Sunday evening, almost 8pm. We've had two more teams sign up, and a couple dozen emails from racers who have schedule conflicts of various kinds. The confirmed teams lists are up to date.

  3. Where are we at with the head count?!